Looking to get some odd jobs around the house done? You may be considering hiring a handyman. Here is a guide on how to hire a handyman, including what to look for and how to create a contract.
When you are trying to find a handyman, you should:
- Check for referrals from friends or family.
- Get multiple bids for the job.
- Check the handyman’s references.
- Make sure the handyman is insured.
- Verify that the handyman has the necessary licenses for the job.
Once you have found a few potential handymen, you should:
- Get a written estimate.
- Make sure that the estimate includes a description of the work to be done, the materials that will be used, the price, and the handyman’s name and contact information.
- Make sure that the estimate is signed by both you and the handyman.
When you create the contract, you should:
- Include the same information that is in the estimate.
- Make sure that both you and the handyman sign the contract.
- Keep a copy of the contract for your records.
By following these tips, you can hire a handyman with confidence and peace of mind.